Mazda Car & SUV Battery Replacement
The battery in your car is absolutely vital, without it your car won’t even start. But most people don’t think much about their batteries. The battery is used to start the engine and to power the many electrical accessories on your car. And with today’s cars using more electrical accessories than ever, good battery care and maintenance are similarly more important than ever. To help with this, the experts at Bass Mazda have put together some tips and signs to look for if you start experiencing battery problems.
Battery Maintenance Tips
Eventually, your vehicle’s battery will need to be replaced no matter what, but there are some things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most life possible out of your battery, and so you aren’t surprised by a dead battery.
- Turn off electrical accessories when not using them. This is a good idea while driving, an even better idea while parked, and very important when the engine is switched off.
- Check for loose clamps or cables. A bad connection overworks the battery, and can shorten its life pretty rapidly.
- Check for corrosion on or around the battery terminals. This is similar to the loose cables, corrosion leads to a bad connection. But, it can also be a sign of an unhealthy battery. Cleaning the terminals will help, but be aware that it might not help for very long.
- Avoid excessive heat or cold. Obviously, this won’t always be within your control. Parking somewhere temperature-controlled will certainly help, but if you live in a climate with extreme temperatures, you should probably just be aware that your battery life probably won’t be optimal.
Signs and Symptoms of a Dying Battery
- Delayed or slower cranking at startup
- Battery warning light on
- Corrosion on battery terminals, especially excessive corrosion
- Interior or exterior lights are dimmer than usual
Why Buy Your Battery From Bass Mazda
Having a healthy battery and the right battery are both absolutely critical. There might have been a time when batteries were all basically the same, but those days are long gone. So you want your battery work performed by someone who knows Mazdas and who is using genuine Mazda parts. For that there’s Bass Mazda and our team of Mazda experts. We have the tools and the training to get you back on the road with confidence. Schedule an appointment today!