Mazda Certified Pre-Owned Program Overview
Different from your typical used car, Mazda Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles are truly the best of the best. Helping you enjoy confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel, the Mazda Certified Pre-Owned program provides enhanced value and long-lasting satisfaction throughout your ownership. In addition to undergoing a meticulous inspection and reconditioning process, every Mazda CPO vehicle must meet a stringent set of standards before even being considered for the program. Our team at Bass Mazda has assembled this helpful guide that explains all the advantages and benefits that come from driving a Certified Pre-Owned Mazda vehicle. We invite you to browse through our extensive selection of Mazda CPO vehicles and find the one that’s right for you!
Mazda Certified Pre-Owned Inspection Process
In order to even be considered for the Mazda Certified Pre-Owned program, there are several requirements that the vehicle must meet.
- Model Year – The vehicle must be less than six model years old.
- Mileage – The odometer must have less than 80,000 miles listed.
- Vehicle History Report – All CPO Mazda vehicles must have a clean vehicle history report.
After all of the necessary criteria have been met, only then will the vehicle undergo a rigorous 160-point inspection performed by a factory-certified Mazda technician. Below, you’ll find only a few highlights of this extensive inspection process.
- Engine – Confirms excellent operating condition (1 of 7 checkpoints)
- Transmission – Verifies smooth operation and correct shift points (1 of 8 checkpoints)
- Brake System – Ensures proper ABS functionality on hard stops (1 of 8 checkpoints)
- HVAC System – Checks heating and cooling systems
- Exterior – Inspects overall condition, looking for improper repairs and damage (1 of 14 checkpoints)
- Interior – Examines overall condition, checking for correct seat and headrest condition along with rips and tears (1 of 6 checkpoints)
Only after the vehicle has passed this inspection will it earn its status as a Mazda Certified Pre-Owned vehicle and be made available for purchase.
Mazda CPO Program Benefits
Truly a cut above the rest, driving a Mazda Certified Pre-Owned vehicle means that you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that you won’t find on a typical used car. Collectively, these benefits help provide you with an outstanding ownership experience.
12-Month / 12,000-Mile CPO Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Every Mazda CPO vehicle is backed by the remaining portion of its original 3-year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Beyond that, the CPO Limited Vehicle Warranty provides coverage for an additional 12 months or up to 12,000 miles. Mazda CPO vehicles no longer covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty receive the CPO Limited Vehicle Warranty immediately at the time of purchase.
7-Year / 100,000-Mile CPO Limited Powertrain Warranty
- From CVT joins to the cylinder block, freeze plugs to the flywheel, and turbocharger to the thermostat – the 7-Year / 100,000-Mile CPO Limited Powertrain Warranty included with your Mazda CPO vehicle has you covered.
Zero Deductible on Covered Repairs
- In the unlikely event that a covered part requires repair or replacement, you won’t have to pay out-of-pocket costs. Repairs and replacements can be completed at Mazda dealerships across the United States.
- Should you ever sell your Mazda, the new owner can take advantage of the remaining coverage from the Mazda Certified Pre-Owned Limited Vehicle and Limited Powertrain warranties at no additional cost.
24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
- It’s always nice to know that you’re never alone on the road. Mazda CPO owners and qualified family members receive the complimentary Mazda 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance Program that’s available 24/7. Coverage lasts for the duration of the 7-Year/100,000-Mile CPO Limited Powertrain Warranty in the U.S. and Canada. Services include:
- Battery jump starts
- Lockout assistance
- Flat tire changes
- Fuel delivery
- Towing to the nearest authorized Mazda dealership
Vehicle History Report
- Each Mazda Certified Pre-Owned vehicle includes a comprehensive vehicle history report from AutoCheck® along with three-year Buyback Protection from Experian. You’ll know exactly what you’re getting when you purchase a Mazda CPO vehicle.
Complimentary 3-Month SiriusXM Trial Subscription
- For vehicles equipped with satellite radio capabilities, your Mazda CPO will include a 3-month trial subscription to the SiriusXM All Access package. You can enjoy over 150 channels including talk, comedy, news, sports, and commercial-free music along with the option to stream online and via the SiriusXM app.